Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Glossybox January


   This Christmas my awesome friend Nikki gave me a Glossybox as a gift. I was so blown away by the presentation and the items in the box that I had to get more! Glossybox is another beauty subscription service that offers luxury items for $21.95 a month. The items range from beauty to fashion, and from the box I received as a gift I knew I was in for a treat! January's box is inspired by the beauty blogger The Man Repeller, a unique and colorful woman who offers very informative and fun beauty advice. This month's box was filled with some of her favorite products, I was really excited to see what I got!

   
   Usually items come in a cute pink reusable box, but this collaboration resulted in a cute silver box! For my first box this was really building up to be an awesome experience!

   
   Unfortunately, there was a huge shipping discrepancy with the January boxes, so most people (including myself) received their boxes in February. This is my first time with Glossybox, and so far the customer service isn't so great. They have a great reputation, so I'm hoping to attribute the lackluster customer service to the fact that there was high demand for the January boxes. There was also a pretty big fluke, where some people wound up receiving two boxes. I received two, which I totally didn't mind, but not everyone did, hence why I say fluke. I think that a second box for everyone would've sort of made up for the long wait. Then I started hearing that boxes were missing items, had doubles, or nothing at all! I even heard that someone had received a box filled with nothing but six of the same lipsticks! Again, I'm hoping to attribute all this to a crazy January, since my boxes were fine. The only difference between my boxes was that one was missing the giant Man Repeller sticker, lucky me!


box one
box two

   In my boxes I received a packet of Le Métier de Beaute facial cream, a bottle of Sebastian Potion No.9 Styling Treatment, a mini of Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara, a mini tube of Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum, a sample of Narcisco Rodriguez perfume, a bottle of OPI Liquid Sand nail polish, a Tarte Natural Beauty lipstick, and a Tarte Maracuja lip gloss. 


box one
box two


Le Métier de Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution ($225.00 for full size)




   I really love this cream! It is light and velvety smooth, it feels more like a whipped cream! It has a very light scent that is pleasant. A little goes a long way too, I only needed about a nickel-sized amount for my whole face! It melts into skin and doesn't feel greasy. My skin felt so supple and soft, and it has SPF 30 in it so my skin is protected and gorgeous! The only painful thing about this cream is the price tag, over 200 dollars! This cream is amazing and I want the full size sooo bad, but it is a dream deferred. 





Sebastian Potion No.9 Wearable Styling Treatment ($19.00 for full size)




   This hair serum is good to use on either damp or dry hair. On damp hair it helps to make hair soft and silky, and on dry hair it's great for giving hair texture. I've been using it for the waves in my hair, my hair has a mind of its own and tends to be somewhat lifeless. This hair serum has helped to give life to my dull waves, making them bouncy and full. My hair looks super cute when I pull it up in a ponytail, I kind of look like A teeny bopper! 




Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Mascara ($25.00 for full size)



   This mascara really gave me Hollywood lashes! I have thick lashes as it is, but this mascara made them look so much fuller and dramatic without overdoing it. It doesn't clump and it dries so quickly. My lashes don't feel stiff either, they're still soft and flexible while staying in place and keeping volume. 




Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum ($35.00 for full size)




   This facial serum controls oil and reduces shine. It has an earthy scent that is kind of weird but easy to get used to. It absorbs well into skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It works pretty well for shine control, I am prone to oily skin, especially in hot weather. It helps control the oil I have now, but it's cold out so I will have to really put this to the test come summertime. Besides that it feels very nice on my skin. I felt a very slight tingling, but no irritation. 





Narcisco Rodriguez Perfume ($77.00-$104.00 for full size)




   This is a very light powdery and floral scent. For some reason it gave me a slight headache, and I only used two spritzes. So you don't need more than one spritz. It lasts very long, and is a great spring scent. 





OPI Liquid Sand Nail Polish, Can't Let Go ($9.00)







   I had no idea about this polish before getting it in my Glossybox. This polish is a glitter purple that dries matte but has a sandy texture. It feels kind of cool actually. It has great coverage and dries very quickly, so you should only need one coat.





Tarte Natural Beauty Lipstick, Fierce ($26.00)






   This is a highly pigmented lipstick, in a vibrant red. It is matte and very creamy. It hydrates my lips and lasts very long, but it stains pretty easily. Put it this way, my bf winds up looking fabulous when I kiss him while wearing this! I have a bunch of vibrant red lipsticks, and this easily took its place as one of my new favorites. This shade is great for a bombshell look, and will pop paired with almost any style. I was really hoping for this lipstick, one of the "or" products was a cheek tint, which I didn't need. I don't really need any more lipstick either - wait, yes I do...I'll pretend I never said that! 




Tarte Natural Beauty Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss ($21.00)






   I got this Tarte product in the second box, I'm glad it wasn't another of the same lipstick like I heard some people got. I'm still also glad it wasn't the cheek tint! Now this was a nice yet frustrating gloss, you have to press the clicky bottom piece to pump the gloss to the brush applicator. I have created for your enjoyment a rage comic illustrating exactly what went down:




   I literally sat through over half an episode of True Blood trying to get the gloss to the brush. I thought it was broken after a while. Finally I got it to the brush and got to swatch it. 


   This a very nice gloss, it has a light red tint, and isn't sticky. It is a bit thick though, but it applies nicely and the applicator helps it spread well. It also has mint it it, so there's a faint tingling that is kind of nice. My lips felt hydrated and the gloss lasts pretty long. It holds up against water pretty well too, I forgot I was wearing it when I hopped in the shower and it didn't come off until I wiped it off.

   



   I'm not really sure how to feel about Glossybox as a company yet. I have heard good things about the service, but bad things about their customer relations. I had an alright experience, but I could've done without the long wait. I am happy my boxes had no issues, and I am hoping to find a positive change for the February box experience.



If you would like to try Glossybox you can sign up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment