Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 26, 2012

Beauty Army October Box!

   This month Beauty Army did very well with their samples selection, I even managed to grab two full size products! I was so happy and excited, I couldn't wait for it to get here!


aw, it's pink!




Breast Cancer Awareness! <3
   
      I loved that this month's box was pink! It was in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, and proceeds from this month's sales went to Strides Against Breast Cancer! That is so awesome!


   This month I received a sample of Bath and Body Works Paris Amour shower gel, Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume, Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder, Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, a full size Skinn Cosmetics lip color, and a full size of You Da Balm Coconut lip balm.




Bath and Body Works Paris Amour Shower Gel ($11.00 for full size)




   I am a loyal Bath and Body Works customer! Everything I get from them is amazing and the wide variety of scents makes it difficult to want to leave one their stores! This was a scent I actually had never tried yet, so I was very excited! This has a blended floral and fruity scent that I loved! It isn't overpowering, and it leaves my skin with a very subtle accent. The shower gel itself is great as always, it lathers well and cleanses great. There is no residue or feeling like you aren't completely clean. This is a great product, I highly recommend it!


Ineke Hothouse Flower Perfume ($95.00 for full size)




I am in love with this perfume! I am a fragrance junkie, so I am always looking for the next great addition to my collection! If you are also a lover of perfumes, I highly recommend you try this! This perfume has a very light gardenia scent, and lightens ever so slightly on the skin. It is a very sophisticated fragrance, and a little goes a very long way! I am so glad I got to try this, my pocket unfortunately can't handle the price tag so I'll just have to nurture this little sample like it's the One Ring!
my precious!


Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder ($20.00 for full size)




unblended


blended

   This is a finishing powder made to absorb excess oil, leaving makeup looking fresh and your skin glowing. You can use this over foundation or stand alone, either way it's a great powder! It blends effortlessly into skin, and is very light! The best thing about this powder is that it is good for all skin types and tones! Before blending the powder looked so pale, and with my Olive skin tone I was worried that this would not work for me. But after blending I was surprised to see it was virtually invisible! This is a wonderful product and a must try!




Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30.00 for 8 pairs)




   I was really excited to try this product, it seems that everything I use for my poor puffy eyes don't really do anything. I saw some great reviews on this product, so I was hopeful that I had found the answer for my tired eyes!


before, sorry about the slight blur!

   These eye gels stick to the under eye area, and have to stay there for 10 minutes. Afterwards you simply peel off and dispose, hopefully revealing rejuvenated skin!






   When I first put them on I immediately felt the cooling sensation! The gels feel a little weird at first under the eye but you get used to it.



I dunno why, but I thought I kinda looked like a panda! XD

   And the final result:


   I know the before pic was a bit blurry, but you can see that the slight darkness under my eye is gone, and it does look like it reduced my puffiness. It sure felt like it! I think that 30 dollars for only 8 pairs is kind of steep, especially since they recommend to use it once a week. There's usually like 4-5 weeks in a month, so I guess for about a month and a half's worth of eye gels it isn't terrible. I really like the results, but I don't know if I want to spend that much right now. Maybe another time I'll splurge, but til then I'm very glad I got to try this, and I recommend that anyone who can afford it to try it!





Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set, Coral Poppy ($18.50)







I love that there was a mini mirror on it!



   This was the product I was anxious to try! And it was full size, yay! This was an awesome lip duo with a lipstick and gloss. The quality was great, and they both had separate features that I loved!


   Even though I wasn't a huge fan of the gloss, I like that it has vitamin E and soy for soothing dried lips. It was a little too sticky for me, and didn't look very shimmery on my lips. It also seemed like the gloss wasn't glossy enough, so if you do buy this I would suggest maybe two or three applications for a more glossy pop.





   I really like the lipstick! It looked a little too orange when I first saw it, but when I put it on my lips it looked a little more red. I am always ready to welcome a new shade of red to my collection, and this one was a nice addition! It is matte, but very creamy. The added bonus to this lipstick is that it boosts collagen production! It claims to not feather, but unfortunately I did have a little of that. It isn't a big deal, I still like the product very much. My lips felt moisturized and looked great! 




gloss over color
   Some people said that the gloss had a taste and that it tasted good. It didn't taste terrible but it didn't taste good either. I doubt taste factored in when the company released this product, but it definitely smells good! It smells like a fruity candy, making you wish it were edible!




You Da Balm Coconut Lip Balm ($8.99 for 3 tubes)




   This is a nice lip balm. It smells very good, and leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized. It has a bit of a sleek feeling at first, but my lips absorbed it quickly and there was no problem. This was another full size I managed to snag, and I'm very glad I did! It isn't sticky either, and the coconut scent isn't too strong. 



   If you would like to try out Beauty Army and try out amazing beauty brands you can sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment