Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birchbox January



This month's Birchbox was very nice, but there were a couple of products I wasn't too thrilled with. 



   In my box I received a sample of Skinny Chic perfume, a mini blush and shadow from theBalm, a sample of Ojon Rare Blend hair oil, a cream from Embryolisse, and a mini mascara from Lashem.




Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Perfume ($21.00-$55.00 for full size)



   This is a perfume that's supposed to do more than make you smell good. The notes of mint and citrus create an energizing fragrance that is also supposed to help curb your appetite. It didn't really do anything for my appetite to be honest but it smells incredible! The scent is fun and flirty, and reminiscent of summer. It lasts pretty long too. I spritzed this on my scarf and I was asked quite a few times what I was wearing. I think I will be buying the full size, it is a very unique scent and I think it would make a great addition to my collection!




theBalm Hot Mama Shadow and Blush All-in-One ($20.00 for full size)






   This blush can also be used as an eyeshadow or a highlighter if you like. It is a light summery pink with a hint of shimmer. It is very nicely pigmented and is very easy to blend, so you don't need to use a lot. It isn't at all chalky. As a blush it gives a great natural rosy tint that can be built up to a great dramatic look. As an eyeshadow its sheerness also makes it nice for a quick swipe and go. As a facial highlighter it brightens up the face nicely and gives a youthful and natural looking glow. I may buy the full size, but for now I am holding onto this sample for as long as possible, I am in love!




Ojon Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy ($35.00 for full size)



   This hair oil is supposed to give hair shine, nourish dry hair and repair damage. The colors were very pretty, and you have to shake it in order for the oil to be effective. While it smelled very nice it didn't really do anything for my hair. It didn't leave my hair feeling greasy, but I didn't see much of a change. There was some added shine, but no noticeable difference. It was nice to try but it was a miss for me.




Embryolisse 24-HR Miracle Cream ($16.00 for full size)



   This cream really is a miracle! You can use this as a moisturizer, a makeup remover, a shave soother, makeup primer, and even baby cream! 

   As a moisturizer it's fantastic! It's rich but not too heavy, and there is no greasy feeling or residue on the skin. It leaves your face feeling soft and looking silky smooth! A little goes a long way! As a makeup remover it is really great too! I found it hard to believe it could really remove makeup, but I was pleasantly surprised! I put a little on a cottonball and wiped away my eye makeup with ease! It took a few more swipes to finish, but it effectively removed all makeup from my eyes. I haven't used it for soothing any shave irritation, I'm pretty good with a razor. And I don't have a baby so I don't know how well it works for that. But after hearing that you could use it as primer, I tried it and it was pretty good. I usually use BB cream these days, but for this I used foundation, and it made my foundation feel as nice and light as BB cream. I may buy the full size, I haven't decided yet. But this was a great product and I'm glad I got to check it out!




Lashem Double Trouble Mascara ($19.99 for full size)


   
   This was the one sample I was absolutely livid about, it was super small, making it almost impossible to use so close to the eye. I felt like I was going to poke my eye!



   This mascara is supposed to add volume and length, which is great. HOWEVER, the full size has two sides, so it's a two-step process. HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO REALLY EXPERIENCE THE PRODUCT'S FULL POTENTIAL WITH WHAT SEEMED LIKE ONLY ONE STEP? This sample made no sense, and it didn't do anything special. If they somehow managed to mix the formula together in that teeny tube, why is it that there are TWO SIDES to the full size? I call bull on this sample, it was a bad tease, and I am disappointed in Birchbox on this one. I hear that the full size is phenomenal though, but I will not be buying it. I have plenty of mascara, and this sample was the one chance to sell me on another one. 




If you want to join Birchbox you can sign up here

No comments:

Post a Comment