Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sample Society January

This month's Sample Society box was very nice, I even got an extra item!



   In my box I received a sample tube of  StriVectin-SD scrub, a sample tube of Snowberry day cream, a Lord and Berry eyeliner pen, a sample dry shampoo from Serge Normant, and a sample of Nicole Richie's fragrance. I also received Pantene's Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment as an extra.




StriVectin-SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub ($49.00 for full size)



   I really like this face scrub. It has very fine grains in it that gently exfoliates while evening skin tone and smoothing the texture of your face. It has a medicated smell but it isn't overpowering. A little bit goes a long way too, I used a nickel sized amount and I was able to spread it on my entire face and neck. It left my face feeling soft and smooth, and I didn't feel as much skin tightening afterwards. I didn't see a change in my skin tone honestly, but that's ok. The sample tube I got will last me a while, but I plan to buy a full size.




Snowberry Nourishing Lite Day Cream ($95.00 for full size)



   This face cream is super light and absorbs very quickly into skin, which to me was a good and bad thing. I love that it absorbs so quickly, but because of that you hardly get a chance to really spread it around. I wound up having to use more than I needed. So while this is a really nice face cream, I don't know if I want to have to replace this more often than necessary. My skin did feel very soft, and it moisturized very well.




Lord and Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil, Black ($15.00)






   This eyeliner is very creamy but not too hard. It is highly pigmented and lasts very long. It isn't waterproof, but it hold up against tears pretty well. 




Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo ($25.00 for full size)



   I honestly didn't like this dry shampoo. I used this on a day that I didn't have 
the time to wash my hair, and I did exactly what it said to do. It is supposed 
to come out when you brush, but you have to focus on the roots when spraying it. 
Either my hair was incredibly filthy (I wash it every other day) or this spray 
wasn't at all effective. When it was time to brush it out it stuck to my hair, 
and made my hair knotty. I looked like I had a full head of grey hair. It left a 
thick white residue that made my hair feel even more dirty and oily. I don't 
seem to have much luck with dry shampoos, so I will stick to my good old 
fashioned shampoo and conditioner wash routine.




Nicole Richie Fragrance ($20.00-$69.00)



   This is a very seductive and sensual fragrance. It is light and lasts long. There are nice notes of floral and spice, with hints of vanilla and wood musk. I may buy the full size. 





Pantene Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment ($19.99 
for full size)


   I got this as an added treat. (yay!) This hair serum thickens and volumizes while nourishing. It feels really nice, there is absolutely no greasy or oily feeling. My hair is already super thick, but the many benefits of using this serum were too good to pass up! It gave my hair volume and shine, and helped my split ends a lot, I've been using it on the ends of my hair every day! I had never heard of this serum before, but I'm really glad I got try it!
 


If you would like to join Sample Society you can sign up here! Use my referral code KIKY660 when you sign up and they donate money to charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment